In 1923, construction began on the site where the old wool-drying Royal Cloth Factory had been located. Maintaining its concerted support for technical education the Royal Cloth Factory gave the site to the School free of charge. This construction is became the what is now Viaduct Building.
During the Civil War the building housed the Swedish - Norwegian Fighters Hospital.
During its history the school experienced various reforms and name changes. The RD of July 22, 1942 introduced reforms in the curricula and teaching regimes and changed the name of Technicians to that of Experts: "School of Industrial Experts". In 1964, the school underwent yet another name change and is now called "School of Industrial Technical Engineering".
In 1972, the school joined the Universitat Politècnica de València as "The University School of Industrial Technical Engineering of Alcoy" (EUITIA).
Since 1983, five specialties have been taught: Chemistry, Mechanics, Electrical, Textile and Industrial Electronics.
With the entry into force of the University Reform Law (LRU) in 1986, the University acquired a new internal structure that reorganized it into collegiate bodies, called Departments. Given this new structure and the uniqueness that Textile Engineering represents within the UPV, the headquarters of the Department of Textile and Paper Engineering is now located in Alcoy.
Since 1991, Doctoral courses have been taught in the Department of Textile and Paper Engineering.
In the 1993/94 academic year, studies in the specialty of Telecommunications Technical Engineer, Telematics began. In the 1994/95 academic year, a new degree of a Senior Engineer in Industrial Organization was added. These additions allowed the School of Alcoy to achieve a higher ranking. Which, the Interuniversity Council approved on July 19, 1994. The school was now called the Higher Polytechnic School of Alcoy (EPSA).
In the academic year 1995/96, in addition to the aforementioned title a new degree the one of Industrial Design Technical Engineering was added. In 1997/98 a new degree of Bachelor of Business Administration and Management was added too.
Since February 1998 the Alcoy campus has expanded its facilities with the rehabilitation of an early twentieth century, the Ferrándiz Building. Since 2006 a third industrial building from the beginning of the 20th century the Carbonell Building has been added in front of the Ferrándiz Building. These two buildings constitute a unique complex of industrial architecture of the early twentieth century.
Starting in the 1999/2000 academic year, the School offered another higher degree, Materials Engineering. In the 2001/02 academic year, the last of the new degrees, Technical Engineering in Computer Management, was added.
In 1999 the PhD in Industrial Organization Engineering was first offered. 2007/08 the Official Master's Degree in Textile Engineering began.
In 2014 the new Georgina Blanes Building, equipped with a pavilion and sports facilities, multiple research and teaching laboratories, a green area and an underground car park was incorporated into the campus.
At present, the UPV Alcoy is a competitive university campus, close to the students, which offers a personalized education responsive to the challenges of the economy and society. That currently serves around 2,500 students.
Subsequently, starting in 2009, the European Higher Education Area commenced began its effort to standardize the requirements to attain advanced degrees titles. Eight degrees can now be taken in the following disciplines: Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Industrial Design and Product Development Engineering, Computer Engineering, Business Administration, Business Administration + Tourism and Business Administration + Computer Engineering.
In addition, masters degrees also adapted to Bologna are offered as Master's Degree in: Textile Engineering, Organization and Logistics Engineering, Materials Engineering, Processing and Characterization and Master's Degree in Business Administration (MBA).